Origins and Milestones - MONUMENTO Salzburg
MONUMENTO Salzburg is an information and communication exchange for European cultural experts industry meeting place for cultural heritage, monument preservation, restoration, crafts, building culture, museums and cultural tourism. Since 2012, the Austrian trade fair has served the exchange, information and networking of the industry every two years.
- In 2012 MONUMENTO was held for the first time and has since been held every two years, alternating with Leipziger Denkmal. There are 170 exhibitors from seven nations.
- In 2014, a good 180 exhibitors from eight countries will be taking part in MONUMENTO. The second edition of the fair focuses on stone.
- In 2016, 174 exhibitors from eight countries will participate in MONUMENTO.
- In 2018, MONUMENTO Salzburg opens the European Heritage Year 2018 in Austria with 177 exhibitors from all over Europe. Special topics are "Urban Sprawl" as well as "The European City" and "Border and Meeting Spaces in Europe" in the context of the European Building Research Days, MONUMENTO founds the transnational heritage platform HERI FAIRS together with three European trade fairs.
- In 2020, around 200 international exhibitors will take part in MONUMENTO. The main topics: Restoration, Cultural Heritage on the Move, Civic Engagement in Historic Preservation, and Restauro Talks on Lighting Design, Valuation of Historic Buildings, and discussion on the question "What is the value of art, culture, architecture and their preservation?". In addition, MONUMENTO will also host the Austrian Restorers Association symposium and the European Building Research Days.